Idle Wandering

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Caption this picture....

Max Hsu and Shaun Shankel are to blame for this. (See previous blog entry.) I know there are people who hate the picture below, but it's one of my favorites. I just had an epiphany a day or two ago about this hair. I realized that it was a deliberate shout out to a particular fan of his; it appeared first on the website of the symphony of her hometown, Detroit. It's on my second (or third?) favorite t-shirt - for the 2005 Christmas Tour.

fauxhawk_1024


How do you like my hair, CAP121?


For the three people reading this who don't know, CAP121's language about Clay's hair on any given day can be quite colorful, and she isn't easy to please.

So why do I love this picture so much? Let's take a closer look:

fauxhawk_clipped


It's the eyes. Almost a smile but not quite, more of a smile than we saw on AI5 as he came on stage behind Sandecki. An enigmatic and attractive smile, but the eyes are what I love. They say, "Do your worst, I do not care."

Technorati tags:



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this picture too. A friend of mine gave me it as a poster and I still have it up. jackie

4:37 PM  
Blogger Southern Girl said...

The eyes are wonderful, the smile sublime, the hands...oh, the hands! But I just can't... the hair...it makes my eyes bleed. *g* That's okay though, I'm perfectly capable of squinting in just the right way so as to completely block out the hair in this photo. ;)

7:10 PM  
Blogger pixieglitter said...

To me, Clay's eyes are saying:

C'mere, bay-beh. If you sit on Santa's lap I'll give you a candy cane...

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. It is the eyes. His eyes say it all. They are the windows to his soul.

In this picture. He, to me, he is saying, "Good grief. It's not about the hair people."

12:27 AM  
Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

I'm with SouthernGirl. I'll focus on the hands. That hair -- I think his eyes are saying - Yes I lost the bet. Did you think I'd let them do this to me any other way?

6:12 PM  
Blogger Jannet said...

First of all, I don't really notice the hair because the facial expression captures me and pulls me in.

But if I HAVE to comment on the hair I'd say it reminds me a little bit of Mt. Iwaki.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< HOME